For many years firewood has been produced and we have specialised in the production of high quality hardwood and coniferous wood fuel. Accredited by membership of Woodsure-Plus as providers of Quality Assured Fuels.
Ready To Burn Firewood
- Provides high quality logs, suitable for open fires, woodburning stoves and wood gasification boilers.
- Is a ‘Woodsure Plus’ accredited supplier of high quality firewood. This a Quality Woodfuel Scheme run by HETAS to ensure high standards of log production.
- Can provide seasoned firewood through the ‘Woodsure R2B (Ready to burn) scheme’, as a HETAS approved supplier.
- Is included on the Biomass Suppliers List (BSL) as able to supply RHI compliant woodfuel for wood- gasification boilers.
- Is included on the Woodfuel Wales - Quality Assured Fuel Scheme, as suppliers of high quality firewood in Gwynedd and North Wales.
Our Firewood Production
- The best quality firewood is obtained by following a traditional method of harvesting & stacking. Wood is allowed to dry and mature naturally over several years, before it is ready for use.
- Wood is cut to approximately 2.5m / 8’ length, stacked outside in our timber yard until it is ready to be re-cut & split to woodburner length and thickness. Drying takes 1 to 2 years for softwood/coniferous timber or 2 to 3 years for hardwoods.
- Fuelwood is a regenerating resource, gathered from local woodlands under sustainable management systems.
- Better quality Fuelwood is usually sold by volume not weight, as the wood is dry and relatively light.
- Tonne loads tend to be unseasoned and ‘green’ or wet. These heavy loads contain excess moisture and usually not suitable for burning in ‘closed’ appliances, such as wood burning stoves and gasification boilers. A weigh-bridge ticket should accompany these loads if obtaining wood by this method.
- Loads are made up of logs cut to your preferred length, then split or cleaved into smaller pieces, or ‘billets’, ready to place on the fire. Billet length can vary from 20 – 50 cm (8-20”), being approximately 10-15cm in diameter.
- Loads are usually made up of a ‘half-and-half’ mixture of hardwood and softwood - an Intermediate / 3-star grade.
- Other grades available are Premium / 4-star (all hardwood) and Regular / 2-star (all conifer/softwood). Different proportions of hardwood and softwood are available on request, or if a preference is for a particular species, for example oak , ash or pine.
- The loads are made up of loose logs or ‘bulk’, usually delivered by tipper truck. Bulk loads from 1 – 4m³ or multiples thereof.
- Firewood can be delivered to your door at the customer’s convenience. Three delivery vehicles are used, of increasing size. As the loads get bigger you get better value for money. Smaller loads, sacks and ½ loads are available on request
- Our delivery area is usually within 20 – 25 miles of Bethesda. This includes North West Gwynedd, Anglesey, Conwy & Porthmadog.
- All prices quoted include delivery and VAT @ 5% (domestic fuel rate).
- Discounts are available when ordering multiple loads, part-seasoned or green or freshly cut wood. Details available on enquiry.